The traditional way. Our style. Our way.

The Beginning

I'll try to make to make this a short history.


How I started... simple.

It's in the genes!

The interest to draw has long been there as soon as I knew how to hold a pencil firmly.

Like most children I began with wriggly lines and shapes, doodling on any piece of paper I could get my hands on.

I reverted to anime style somewhere around 1998 when the phenomenon known as 'Anime' boomed over the country.

The knowledge of manga came about half a year later when, together with my sister, we persued more in the demand to know more about anime.

My sister and I were the artists.

At first we borrowed existing anime characters and wrote stories about them for our friends, using original characters to create an entirely new plot. Wanting to see more of them than just reading or hearing about them soon wasn't enough. So we pretty much started doodling them casually until the obsession became a hobby and pretty soon we were creating more than we thought.

There was so many you can do with a story and a lot you can create in a drawing.

My sister had the more brilliant ideas and drawing style than I had at that time. I would usually imitate or copy, if not the drawing style, but ideas from her and come up with my own version.

Here are some of my sister's works:

Compared to mine during that time:


Somewhere around 2001 my sister stopped. She lost interest in drawing-- but not on anime and manga, she is forever still an avid Otaku -- claiming that coming up with new concepts left her dry after applying them on paper.

So she found a better way of doing it. ME.

She appointed herself my manager, editor and inker and up to now continues to order me around to create new drawings.

The development of my drawing styles is all thanks to her constant badgering--- and the skyscraper of a reference materials she deemed necessary for my use.

I do still want further improvement on my works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

BloodyBerry's Drawing Blog Design by Insight © 2009