The traditional way. Our style. Our way.

2004 - 2005


The most hectic year now being a Senior college student.

<< This drawing style came into fruition during a class project which my group proposed-- much to my chagrin.

You see, the subject was Entrepreneurship (no relation to drawing at all). The class of 40+ students were divided into groups of 5 or 6. I ended up grouped with my sister and a friend, and then 3 other girls.

We were given a month to plan out a product and write down a report about which we were supposed to pass to the teacher. I wasn't aware of this (too distracted bending over my notebook and writing a script). XD

The month had already passed when the teacher asked for our product proposal. Our group had none.

It so happened that our friend stood beside me where I just stared at the teacher in confusion, and ever the clever one, took one look at the doodles and script I had in front on me and blurted out one word: "Comic."

The teacher was surprised since she knew I was capable of it and the product itself was new to her. She accepted and I was gaping in horror while everyone in our circle as they started discussing already, assigning who was in charge with marketing, advertising, managing and the likes since I was obviously the artist.

I demanded what kind of comic they wanted and our friend said whatever it was I was currently working on already to make it easy. I groaned and told her what it was all about.

"Adult Content"

Her answer was a round-eye and an "Oh." I laughed. And I had another month to do something about it before all the groups were requested to showcase their product before the whole department. I rushed a sketchy 20-page comic and just had them photocopied.

Turns out the product "showcase" was in preparation for something bigger. Out of all the groups who advertised we were chosen to represent the entire school in a National Business Exposition because the teacher and the judges thought our product was innovative, an original and something new, plus the camaraderie when we were advertising was infectious.

The contest was in a week and they wanted me to add a few more pages to the comic book to make it thicker.

We ended up representing the school, goofing around during the competition much to the horror of our teachers who accompanied us and we walked away with First Place. XD The other schools presenting their product were the exact same kinds as the ones our classmates showcased. Now that was pure coincidence.

My sister and I returned home and promptly fell dead asleep. Oh, there was also the incident where my sister had to chase the bus when we forgot one of our bags as it sped off. She finally caught up to it in the next town.

Some of the pages of the comic we rushed up, its not good quality since we had little time to do anything else with it. Reproduction, cutting, binding and packing were all done by the family. Gah! I was already exhausted even before the exposition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

BloodyBerry's Drawing Blog Design by Insight © 2009