The traditional way. Our style. Our way.

2008


Don't know what got into me but I saw the Gaia ad online while I was randomly browsing the web. Maybe it was out of boredom or curiosity on what the fuss was about so I registered without thinking.

I can still remember the date: December 29, 2008, evening.

2 days later I got my sister to register too... well, coaxed her more like. She was drunk from the alcohol my brothers cajoled her into drinking. We didn't expect her to have low tolerance to it-- I didn't wonder why she was so agreeable that night when she's usually so opinionated.

Anyway, Gaia online proved to be a source of ideas and inspirations for me to draw again when I was seriously lacking them the past years since I graduated from school.

There were some quirky characters to meet in the town with interesting avatars. The many assortments of apparels, accessories and hairstyles was a fun challenge to do. I opted to try with the simple avis I've befriended in the towns.


My sister, who ignored her account, became quite attentive when she saw the many possibilities of creating the image she wanted... and pretty soon she had another new story where she ordered me to draw the characters based on the avatars she created.

I should have steered her away from the game.

Anyway, my mom bought me 2 new sketchpads some 2 years back which I only stored away since they were rather big (12"x18") for me to work in at that time. I believed I wasn't capable of using it, but I proved myself wrong. In no time I was complaining that it wasn't big enough. LOL^^

It's quite unfinished. We couldn't make up our minds on the hair and doing the background was a hassle. xp

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

BloodyBerry's Drawing Blog Design by Insight © 2009