The traditional way. Our style. Our way.

2002 - 2003


My drawing still looked like crap at most times. Especially when I'm really motivated to draw, the idea is there but still in the process of developing. I let my hand do the thinking for me.

The piece of scrap on the right is an example of drawing while still thinking it over. In other words, its a spur of the moment thing that hasn't fully come to thought yet but already applied on paper.

I wouldn't hesitate tossing it in the nearest waste bin but I still kept it. Just looking at it makes me cringe but it brings back memories of the things thought up for this particular piece, and the story that goes with it.

Sometime, my sister and I would refer to the style of my drawings based on the Title of the story we've put the characters or drawings in.

I think it was around this year that I had variations done for the first semester. And they all differed from the other depending on the story that came with it the style was changed to match.


First drawing is a collab between me and my sister during a school orientation.
Neither of the above held a particular trademark that would distinct it as my own.

I couldn't stick to only one story-- nor one style for that matter-- and continued to flit from one style to another. See for yourselves the results that came out.



I had Humanities class during that summer where the class was given choices to choose 3 forms of art to learn the entire three weeks. The class chose the easiest to handle:
  1. Drawing
  2. Photography
  3. Movies
In the first week one of the topics taken up was shading, I won't go into detail what the lesson was because I already forgot (Sorry, Sir D.^^;), but I still use it sometimes. In fact I used it after the first day of the lecture and went on doing so for the entire week. I did about 27 drawings (I counted) complete with shading in a matter of 3 days-- all in pencil. Unfortunately, the paper I used was newsprint so scanning was very poor.




These are the only scans that looked decent. The other were too dark to be appreciated. Notice that the wings are already different than my first attempt at it. My sister drilled me in on what its supposed to look like-- I didn't pay attention much when she explained where they're supposed to bend.

Maybe... just maybe... I may try and revise all of these.^^;


<< This was the last last drawing I did for the summer, but when a classmate saw it in passing she yelled "YUCK!" in the loudest voice she could manage and everyone was peering over her shoulder to see what had caused it.

I had already slammed by sketchpad closed before anyone else could check. There was no malice included when I was doing it. I just thought I'd give it a try and see if I could do something like this.

I was rather proud of this one since it was already something new for me who used to rely on reference for difficult positions. This was started and done the entire 3 hours of class, from pencil and then directly to ink without stopping and no reference used whatsoever.

However, she set me in a gloomy mood the entire summer and I haven't done anything since. My sister nearly strangled her because of it.

I was really in a dark mood to do anything else other than wanting to tear her eyes out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

BloodyBerry's Drawing Blog Design by Insight © 2009